Dan Johnson, CSP, is an experienced and integrity-driven Environmental, Health and Safety(EHS) professional with over 25 years of accomplishments and success on a national level.
He is a Certified Safety Professional with the Board of Certified Safety Professionals. The Managing Partner of SFI Compliance Inc. he has also been a safety director for two national homebuilders and a national utility contractor, as well as numerous years as a safety consultant specializing in the construction industry.
He is a skillful designer of EHS programs who has effectively executed those programs within a wide range of industries. Dan has expertise in changing the work environment through behavior based safety, while maintaining productivity.
Dan’s progressive leadership experiences have produced a passion for surpassing objectives and adding value to the organization. He has extensive knowledge working with multiple jurisdictions to ensure compliance, including: OSHA, DOL, DOT, EPA, USACE and some State and Local municipalities.
Dan is also the author of “Jobsite First Aid—A Field Guide for the Construction Industry” and “DeWALT Construction Safety and OSHA Handbook.”
Specialties / Committees
- Safety Professional of the Year (NAHB Safe Awards) 2014
- Committee Member-Construction Safety & Health Committee (NAHB) (2012 – 2016)
- Chairperson-Jobsite Safety Committee (HBA of Metro Denver) (2008, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016)
- OSHA Authorized Trainer for Construction and General Industry
- OSHA 10 Hour and OSHA 30 Hour Courses
- CPR/First Aid & AED Train the Trainer
- Subject Matter Expert for Vector Learning
- Author of Online Safety Training Courses for Vector Learning
- Fall Protection & Fall Arrest Trainer
- Fall Protection-Qualified Person
- Scaffold Competent Person Trainer
- Hazardous Waste Site Safety (HAZWOPER)
- Confined Space Trainer
- Asbestos Safety Trainer
- Forklift Certification Trainer
- Aerial Lift Certification Trainer
- Respiratory Protection Trainer with Fit Testing
- Excavation Competent Person Trainer